Sunday, December 30, 2007

21 weeks to the big day


Starting from Sunday January 6th, there are 21 weeks until the Boise 1/2 Ironman.
http://www.ironman.com/boise70.3





Let's start training together.
Here are some ideas folks have been kicking around:

-posted workouts to provide some structure and motivation when the snow is flying sideways
-weekly spin workouts
-weekly bricks
-monthly time trials and a collective anonymous team time (i.e., each month see how many laps you can swim in 30 minutes, then we'll figure out a way to have a team total- hoping to improve each month. we could do a swim time and run time too)

I'll do some research, pull up some old workouts, and post a weekly schedule if people are interested.

Please comment if you have suggestions on how to get our team fired up.

7 comments:

The Birdman said...

Thanks for setting this up Kev! The road to Boise begins!! YeeHaa!

Leah "Velkamp" soon to be Nydam's email is lveldkamp4@yahoo.com

getty up


Ride'm Nydam

Margot and Andy said...

YES!!!!
Nice work Kevino!
One correction is that I am switching email addresses so please note that my new address is andrewangstrom@gmail.com
I am psyched to start getting together and swimming and spining together. i am also excited to start "cross training" down Glory with you all.
ps. Don't worry, I will sign up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kevino, your organization will be the savior of us all.

Thanks for taking the lead.

Dale

Margot and Andy said...

OK peeps here is the info on the Terry L workshop.

It will be held on Sat. (Feb.2) & Sun.(Feb.3). There are 2 types of workshops: the freestyle/triathlon workshop will be from 8-10am. The competitive swimming workshops will cover all 4 strokes and run from 10-12noon.

You can take just the Sat. morning or just the Sun. morning, or both. A single workshop is $250 (ouch!!!)and if you decide that you'd like to register for another, there will be a $50 discount. The material covered will not be just a repeat, but will build on what you've learned the previous day. I think there may be some swimming filming too... so you can see yourself/stroke.

Terry L. will be providing this at a great discount... so while it still may sound pricey - I believe it to be rather generous and I know that it will be more than informative. Not to mention, he no longer actually teaches them, just so happens he's willing to do this one!! Very exciting!!

kevino said...

speaking of filming underwater- we got a new camera for christmas and it takes video underwater.
i want to try it out. then i can post our sweet strokes on youtube.
maybe tuesday morning?
i'm thinking of swimming from 6:15-7:15.

Anonymous said...

I am in for tuesday morning swim.